Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - Yesterday

5 year Supply - Liverpool Method

Former Member, modified 9 Years ago.

5 year Supply - Liverpool Method

Having recently read the report into the Rother District Local Plan I am interested for any further examples of Local Plan examination reports are appeal reports where an inspector has seen fit to use the Liverppol (or residual) method of calulating the five year housing land supply rather than the Sedgfield method which should be applied 'where possible' according to the planning practice guidance. Any helpful pointers would be much appreciated.

RE: 5 year Supply - Liverpool Method

Patrick

We have had a group of 4 sn 78 appeals determined together by the same inspector.  If you have a look at APP/M2325/A/13/2200856 (the other 3 appeal refs appear at the start of the Inspector's report)- para 18, the Inspector supported the Councils use of the residual method as: 

"I am mindful that some of the backlog may have arisen as a result of an earlier moratorium on housing consequent upon excess provision in relation to the former Lancashire Structure Plan, and that the effects of the severe downturn in housebuilding activity after 2008 has also contributed to underdelivery. I therefore consider the Council’s approach to be reasonable in this respect."

I seem to recall that the West Lancs EIP inspector found justification to spread the backlog over the plan period.

hope this assists

RE: 5 year Supply - Liverpool Method

Mark

Thank you. At last some common sense!