Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - This week

Site notices

Hans Bray, modified 10 Months ago.

Site notices

Enthusiast Posts: 38 Join Date: 23/09/19 Recent Posts

I'm assuming most authorities are still using Site Notices, despite central gov relentless 'war' on them?

We are looking to redisgn ours and would love to see some samples. We are going to incorporate a QR code to link to our online register. Has anyone done any analysis on whether they are used? 

From the few I've seen there does seem to be a wide variety of layouts and content. We put Town and Country Planning Act 1990 at the top of ours (or other regs, as appropriate), but other authorities do not seem to - is it important or perhaps unnecessary technical detail?

As a county authority we also "have" to put the district authority address and website (for the official planning register), I do wonder if this causes more confusion than help - I would welcome any CPA's views on that too.

carmel huntley, modified 10 Months ago.

RE: Site notices

New Member Posts: 16 Join Date: 21/05/20 Recent Posts

Hi,

At Watford we took part in a DLUHC proptech pilot last year which included looking at enhancing site notices. In the end, we only added QR codes to ours and kept the same format as we already had. I am still hoping to add map extracts to them too with site outlines. 

I don't have any actual analysis on whether QR's are used but when I did a survey 41% of people said they'd use a QR to access the information (50% website, 2% google, 7% not sure).

I have attached the site notice we use and a copy of the pilot site notice that was formed for the pilot. Feedback from members of the public was that although the pilot notice was more visually engaging, it was also quite busy and it was not clear that it was a formal council notice.

Pilot site notice:

Watford's site notice - we still reference the relevant regs:

Hopefully this is helpful, Carmel :  )

Hans Bray, modified 10 Months ago.

Enthusiast Posts: 38 Join Date: 23/09/19 Recent Posts

Thanks Carmel - yes, love the idea of embeded site plan, but I cannot think of a way of automating that sufficiently. Although some of the other metadata, such as area should be easily incorporated... thanks for sharing, definiely food for thought.

You do not have permission to access the requested resource.
Julie Armstrong-Butler, modified 10 Months ago.

New Member Posts: 3 Join Date: 25/08/15 Recent Posts

Thanks for the feedback Hans.