Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - Today

Condition Monitoring

Andy English, modified 6 Months ago.

Condition Monitoring

New Member Posts: 2 Join Date: 25/10/23 Recent Posts

Hi,

As a local council, we are looking to pro-actively monitor current planning applications with conditions that require discharging.

I'm reaching out to any other local councils who actively monitor planning conditions. All the threads I can find seem to be over 6 years old.

I'm interested to know how you go about the monitoring process? What processes you have in place to assist in identifying the trigger points eg pre commencement, pre occupation conditions. Is there any specific software you use or is it a case of just recording data in a spreadsheet?

Many Thanks,

Andy

Rosalind Bentley, modified 6 Months ago.

RE: Condition Monitoring

New Member Posts: 9 Join Date: 12/08/13 Recent Posts

Hi Andy,

We have been pro-actively monitoring planning permissions/planning conditions for quite a few years, although we only monitor our strategic allocation sites and the some of the major applications

Initially we did set up new software screens and reports linked to our main planning system but in the end we found using RAG rated spreadsheets along with some system reports was a better way to organise the complex sites.  Monitoring the DOC applications is relatively easily, its how to check for actual compliance that is a bit more tricky but more than happy to explain how we have tackled it.

Ros 

Andy English, modified 6 Months ago.

RE: Condition Monitoring

New Member Posts: 2 Join Date: 25/10/23 Recent Posts

Hi Ros,

Thank you for your reply. It's good to hear someone has a working procedure in place. 

Is it possible to have an example of the spreadsheet you use? 

We're looking to create some sort of database to try and help with monitoring, any information you have regarding the compliance would be greatly appreciated! 

Many thanks for your time,

Andy

(andy.english@west-norfolk.gov.uk)