Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - Today

CIL on Replacement Dwellings

Rebecca Randall, modified 9 Years ago.

CIL on Replacement Dwellings

Enthusiast Posts: 60 Join Date: 06/05/14 Recent Posts

Hello

We have a current planning application for:

Change of use and conversion of agricultural building to dwelling and existing dwelling to ancillary accommodation, stable, haystore and tack room, enlargement of vehicular access

There is no additional floor space being created, but I am wondering whether Reg. 42 has been triggered in terms of the development comprising one or more dwellings? There is currently a dwelling on site, and following the development, there would still be one dwelling on site, albeit in a different building. Ultimately the development would probably fall under a self build exemption and / or pass the Vacancy Test to reduce their CIL, but I just wanted anyone's thoughts on whether a CIL liability would be triggered under Reg 42 in the first place?

Thanks, Rebecca.

REBECCA STADDON, modified 9 Years ago.

RE: CIL on Replacement Dwellings

Advocate Posts: 103 Join Date: 05/09/13 Recent Posts
Rebecca, I would still ask for CIL Additional Information form (Form 0) to confirm that the existing buildings on site are in lawful use but if no additional floorspace is being created then there would be no CIL liability. Reg 42 would only kick in if additional floorspace is being created as it basically just states that if an extension is provided on the same proposal as a conversion then the extension would be liable to CIL regardless of its size i.e. the 100 square metre rule does not apply. I hope this helps.