Planning Advisory Service (PAS) Logo
Planning Advisory Service (PAS)
Open group | Started - July 2012 | Last activity - Today

'Big 5' Local Planning Authority survey

thumbnail
Jo Allchurch, modified 9 Years ago.

'Big 5' Local Planning Authority survey

New Member Posts: 16 Join Date: 21/10/11 Recent Posts

The Environment Agency have asked if I can disseminate this via relevant networks so here goes:

‘Big 5’ Local Planning Authority survey

To date the five major statutory agencies – Environment Agency, Natural England, English Heritage, Health & Safety Executive and Highways Agency - have separately sought customer feedback from Local Planning Authorities (LPAs). This year we are trialling a joint approach, to reduce ‘survey fatigue’ and generate cost and time savings for the agencies.

Understanding the views of our customers is very important. Surveys are a useful way for us to gain a better insight into LPA needs and expectations, and to understand what we are doing right and what / where we could do better.

Harris Interactive will deliver the project. They will be conducting telephone surveys with a randomised selection of LPAs during the second half of October and early November. In advance of this, DCLG’s Chief Planner Steve Quartermain will be writing to all LPAs alerting them to the survey. The work will be complete by January. The outcomes will be used to help improve our customer service to LPAs. If the pilot works successfully we will consider repeating the process in the future.

Former Member, modified 9 Years ago.

RE: 'Big 5' Local Planning Authority survey

This ( ie having a single feedback survey from the Big 5) seems like a sensible approach to me, but not sure the randomised phone survey is the best was to do it.  Wpuld an online survey with an invitation to all LPAs be better?  Doing it this was will likely take less time, and enable the surveyed person to take soundings before responding. 

Whats the argument for a phone survey?

thumbnail

Hi Bryan

I'm afraid I don't know why they are going down a phone survey route, but I will certainly pass your feedback on to them.

Jo

thumbnail

Letter from Steve Quartermain attached for reference.